Hello, here’s the update on our current projects:
- Avatar Farm Online update was released last Friday, and looks like most important issues were fixed with it. Some issues remain though, we’ve been reported the following three:
- The game can freeze while playing offline or in the main menu, if P2P score sharing is enabled (which is by default). As some of you may know, this is an issue some of our games have been suffering for years, and we’re constantly trying to fix it without having found yet the exact cause or a workaround. We’re still trying to pinpoint it, and mostly sure it’s related with a framework issue, but can’t guarantee anything.
- We’ve been reported that the game freezes when joining a game having selected “None” in the “My pets” section. We haven’t looked into the issue yet, so can’t tell if it’s for real or not yet.
- Although some of the incorrect leaderboard data was removed, there are still some incorrect entries in the leaderboard. We’re not yet sure if the issue that generated it is still present, we’ll wait some time and see if more of this data appears or not. Once we’ve made sure that the issue is fixed, we’ll just force a regeneration of the leaderboard to clean it up.
- We’re currently focused on finishing White Noise Online.
- We’ve finished almost 100% of the menu interface and gameplay elements, with only minor things remaining. We’re going to do thorough gameplay tests to ensure the game is fun and playable.
- We’ve found the new maps are currently a bit harder than the original one: They have more surface and it’s harder to determine where you are, and where to go, so we’ll probably have to put additional landmarks and signs to help players to get a small idea of where they are looking at. Disorientation is part of the core gameplay, but not to the point you end up moving in circles all the time.
- We’ve also finished all the skins for unlockable characters, each one with its own perks and bio. There’s currently a total of 12 characters, but we intend to add more in future updates if people show interest.