Hey guys, how are you today? Here’s the update on our current projects:
- We’ve had to remove the Avatar Farm Online update from certification due to showing crash reports too frequently: On a prior update we treated all load errors as a critical crash (so the report could be seen), but showing it in some not-really-critical cases (such as yanking an USB device after selecting it) is a failable reason.
We’ll submit the update again next week.
- As for White Noise Online:
- We’ve finished texturing the 4 main characters and started rigging (preparing the model for animations). I’m not posting any screenshot yet because they lack animation and their pose is rather ugly :P.
- We’ve also started testing the 1st scenario, but it’s not finished yet. We need to add some additional points of reference (rocks) so the player doesn’t get lost that easily.
- Meanwhile, we’ve started work on the 2nd scenario, a snowy field.
- As for coding, we’ve added the following features:
- Flashlight cones for network players: You now can get a bit blinded if you look at the flashlight of other players, and see them from a distance if they have their flashlight on.
- Idols: Idols are items on the scenario that can render you crazy when you look at them, just like the monster (but they don’t pursue you). They also emit a sound, so although dangerous, they can be used as a point of reference. We’re not sure yet if we’re going to use them though (the game might end up being too hard), we need more testing.
- We’ve added some stats to the ending screen, much like the ones you see on Left 4 Dead when you end a game.