As some of you already know, the 1.1 patch for Avatar Farm has been released. This is the detailed list of changes:
- Fixed some frequent background loading issues
- (Hopefuly) fixed frequent freezes due to P2P score sharing
- Added a setting to disable P2P Score sharing
- Increased view distance of the plant icons
- Increased player walk speed around 15%
- Reduced experience gained for fast-growing plants
- Increased experience required to level up
- Increased level cap to 18. Some plant requirements have been updated to fit in the new range.
- Fixed not being able to move up when you’re in the 2nd row, 1st column on the purchase screen.
- Increased the time it takes for a plant to die in 50%. Also added a minimum of 12 hours for a plant to die.
- A message is shown when you exit the game, showing the time you have until some plants start dying.
- Recycling gathered land no longer gives 5 coins.
- No autosave message is shown on trial mode.
- Increased autosave interval to 5 minutes (instead of 2 minutes).
- Reduced autosave duration by 25%.
- Fixed not being able to set sound/music volume to 70.
- Fixed Code 4 crash when trying to show more than 64 plant icons at the same time.
- Fixed Trees not growing fruits on the correct season when loading the game.
- Now trees won’t instantly grow fruits when purchased.
- Added 2 new camera modes: Isometric (not exactly, but almost) and a global view to admire your farm 🙂 (you can’t play in this camera mode)
- Fixed a minor camera rotation issue
- The active camera is saved
- Added new decoration elements: Country flags.
As the title says, sadly the freezing issues haven’t been fixed with the changes we did to the P2P score system.
But now there’s a way to disable P2P score sharing on the game settings, so you can get rid of the freeze just by disabling them.
Of course you won’t be able to mantain a syncrhonized scoreboard if you disable them, but you can always enable it for a while, wait for them to synchronize, and then disable again.
We’re still working on this and looking for the reason for these freezes, but, to tell the truth: Now we’re totally clueless. We’re out of ideas as of what can be happening now. So we can’t promise we’ll be able to fix it. But rest assured we’ll try our hardest.