The latest update for Avatar Farm Online has been released.
It features the following changes and additions.
- New items and features:
- Unlockable pets that follow your player around (available on Extras->My pets).
- Now you can move items (everything except plowed land and plants) by pressing X and then placing them somewhere else with A. The sell action is now performed by pressing LT+X.
- New building: Winery that allows you to sell grapes.
- Accumulation buildings (such as greenhouses, veg cart, fruit stand…) can now accumulate additional items (up to 3 times the base amount).
- Farm recovery: Farms that for some reason disappeared from the farm list should be found and added again.
- 9 New animals.
- Gameplay changes
- Increased the minimum time it takes for crops to die from 24 to 48 hours.
- Fixed pending friend requests being granted Friend permissions.
- Fixed crash when joining a multiplayer game while some building is being deleted.
- Fixed crash when switching to world camera on a level 100 farm full of trees/buildings (by limiting number of items drawn).
- Fixed animal truck preview tiles not shown correctly.
- Tried to fix freezes related with P2P score sharing.
Important: We’ve detected two issues related with the pets when playing online that slipped through our tests. These two issues are the following:
- You may have a crash when joining an online game or when someone joins your game, with a mention of “RemotePlayerData” in the crash report.
- After joining a game or when someone joins your game, you may experience a serious drop in framerate, to 1 frame per second or less.
First issue happens if an user never entered the “My pets” section, second issue if an user with a custom pet joins a game.
The way to fix both issues is to just go to “Extras -> My pets” and select “None”.
If you intend to play offline, you can select a pet without risk, as this only applies to multiplayer.
We’ll submit an update as soon as we’re allowed (by 25th January).